Rock of Ages Corporation Job Description
Installs and maintains industrial electrical equipment in quarry and manufacturing facilities including troubleshooting and repair of industrial controls, production machinery and related equipment with a goal to perform these duties in such a way as to minimize production downtime and maintain equipment efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Locate and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems for repair while using schematics and test equipment.
- Work with production, maintenance, management, and equipment operators to improve the equipment’s electrical systems.
- Responsible for installation and construction of industrial electrical equipment and systems found in an industrial environment through the proper use of standard wire, conduit, fittings and hardware commonly found in industrial facilities.
- Responsible for use and care of the tools and equipment commonly employed in industrial construction such as conduit threading machines, hydraulic/electric benders, knockout punch sets, cable puller, meggers, volt meters, multi-testers and ammeters.
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner consistent with lockout/tag out, hot work, fall protection, and other OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Bend, cut, thread and install conduit.
- Install and terminate wiring
- Size and install wiring pull boxes.
- Install panel-boards and branch distribution equipment.
- Install uni-strut assemblies for mounting of electrical equipment.
Education and/or Experience
No less than 5 years electrical, electronics/process control experience and/or training at a journeyman level. An Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred but not required.
- Proven mechanical and trouble-shooting skills
- Working knowledge of the proper use of electrical test equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Working knowledge of PCs and PLCs
- Working knowledge of transformer connection and phasing
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, ladder/relay logic and single-line diagrams
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be willing to work overtime, including some weekends, when required
- Must possess the ability to work in a safe manner
- Must have a high degree of competency in the application of both AC/DC motor drives
- Possess an excellent knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Must have a valid driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb ladders; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please open, print and complete an application.
The above form needs to be printed, filled out in it's entirety and mailed to:
Rock of Ages Corporation
Attn: HR Department
560 Graniteville Road
Graniteville, VT 05654
Only fully completed and signed applications will be considered.
Rock of Ages Corporation is committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees.
All applicants will be required to submit to a drug test prior to commencing employment.