Location: Graniteville, Vermont
Position: Full Time
Rock of Ages, a Polycor Inc. Company, seeks an experienced CNC specialist to help take our team to the next level of manufacturing automation within the granite industry. This position will involve working with all CNC equipment across each of our operating groups to develop training, standards and best practices to implement at each location.
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining processes.
- Provide operator training, manufacturing support and problem solving.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to ensure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Optimization of CNC machining processes.
- Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and operators. Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understand the time and equipment required, and interact with technicians, designers and engineers to suggest design improvements for manufacturability/machinability.
- Support lean manufacturing initiatives through active participation in continuous improvement activities. These may include establishing workflow, set up reductions, productivity and quality improvements.
- Develop and lead initiatives to achieve 'Lights Out Manufacturing'.
- Manage and standardize the selection of cutting tools and holders.
- Support maintenance and production with troubleshooting of machinery and tooling.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Perform safe operation of machines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, with minimum 3 years’ experience with set-up, programming and troubleshooting of CNC machines – OR- Extensive work experience in setup, programming and management of multiple CNC environments.
- Fluent in the creation and validation of 3 to 5 axis CNC machining programs.
- Extensive working knowledge of CNC programming using CAD/CAM and/or manual G-codes. Knowledge of AlphaCAM is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Solidworks or other solid modeling software required to create models.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to write detailed work instructions to support all aspects of machining.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude.