Location: Graniteville, Vermont
Position: Full Time
Rock of Ages Corporation is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician at our Graniteville, VT location. The primary responsibility of the electro-mechanical technician is to automate and improve production process as well as perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment. Possibility to be involved in other divisions of the company after the completion of a few critical projects. Shift is primarily Monday through Friday, with the understanding that there may be a need to work outside normal hours from time to time.
- Plan and perform improvement projects.
- Involved in decision making process for improvement projects.
- Troubleshoot, repair and install equipment (sensors, wiring, data collection systems, control panels) at our facility.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Programming of controls via PLC and PC (Visual Basic) programing.
- Order parts and evaluate best available options for hardware.
- Must have experience designing automated systems and mechanisms
- Solid understanding of design, selection and sizing of electro-mechanical components.
- Ability to brainstorm and conceptualize creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to conceptualize and build test fixtures to validate designs.
- Solid understanding of AC/DC circuit fundamentals, servo systems, motors and actuators.
- Previous experience with PLC programming.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year technical school or no less than 5 years related experience and training.